Saturday, March 1, 2008

New purchase!


We were supposed to work all day backfilling our foundation so that we can pour the slab next week. However, the guys who were supposed to help us (and who own the big equipment we need) decided that they couldn't get to it until early next week. And since they are doing us a favor by helping us, we cannot complain. It just really stinks that the house across the street from us is moving right along. They were backfilling their foundation today and they started way after us. So I know they'll get done first as well! :( I know it's not a competition, but the fact is I want ours done first! :) So anyway we ran errands for the most part of the day and then happened to stop by Southern Accents on our way home. We had heard they were closing and having a big sale. But we also knew that even with a sale that their furniture would still be really expensive. But we decided to check it out anyway. I was still wanting to find a hutch for the new house. Being able to have a hutch was my whole reason for having a dining room! I've been looking for a hutch for months now. I had found the one I wanted at Ashley furniture website but had yet to find it locally. And then I walked into Southern Accents and there it sat. The exact one I had been looking for! It was marked 50% off. And then we talked the lady into giving us an additional 10% off. And on top of that they are going to store it for us until our house is finished! Yay! I love good finds! So now I just need a house to put it in! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found your blog!! I didn't know you were building a house but I LOVE your new hutch and sink! You obviously have exquisit taste and I can't wait to see your house!
Also, happy belated birthday, I would love to teach you to sew - it's not that hard and your dogs are precious~~
Amy Barrett

Related Posts with Thumbnails