Thursday, March 27, 2008

God bless Ernesto!



Our framer, Ernesto, rocks! He began work this morning and has already framed out all the outside (and some of the inside) walls! He built our neighbor's house in 8 days. So we will moving right along! I had parent-teacher conferences until 8:00 tonight so I only got to see it in the dark. That didn't stop me from going up there and walking around, though. I've always said that once I have actual wood on the lot, that I would do a happy dance. And that is exactly what I did! Right up there in my new living room! It's amazing what a difference having a frame makes! you can see the rooms so much better than just with the foundation! I am so excited now! This is definitely the fun part of building a house. Here is a really crappy picture of the framing. I haven't quite figured out how to take a good picture with my camera. The night mode doesn't even really work. (Anyone have any suggestions?) And here is another pic of our "organized chaos" that we are living in right now. We've got two (yes, two) storage buildings full of stuff. This is the spare room at our apartment. We've got it jam packed as well. We're living in organized chaos right now!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails