Thursday, October 16, 2008

This morning...




Okay, I am not the world's most patient person. The wait to find out if we were pregnant again just seemed to drag on and on. I couldn't wait until I was in that "4 days before your missed period" time frame. So this morning when I woke up, I rolled over and asked Travis if I should take a test. He grumped "no, it's too early. You'll just waste it." Absolutely convinced he was wrong I took it anyway. He decided he'd joing me as I watched the little hourglass flash. It was taking forever. (The first time it flashed up really quickly). I had pretty much given up on it and decided it was taking too long to be positive. It was after all, really too early to get a positive result anyway. Then it flashed "Pregnant". I gasped. I couldn't believe it. I didn't break down like I did the first time. I was expecting it this time around. But I was just so overjoyed! Travis was still waiting for "not" to pop up but he's definitly handling it better this time. We sent an email out to surprise our parents. We knew a phone call at 6:30 would scare them (or they'd figure it out) and if we showed up at their houses, they would know immediately. So we sent them an email of the caricature of us and the picture of the positive test. Then we waited on the phone calls.

Since the last failure of the "sneaky" methods of announcing our pregnancy was still fresh in my mind I decided to just be blunt with it this time around. So when I got to work I would just blurt it into a conversation. Such as "I like those shoes and By the way, I'm pregnant.". I did this throughout the builing and screams erupted everywhere I went. It was waaaay more fun telling people that way. I went to the dr at 10:30 for bloodwork and to start my prometruim supplement. I'm really hoping and praying for a full-term pregnancy with a healthy baby this time around. Travis and I ask that you please keep us and our little one in your prayers and I'll keep you all updated on any new information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Randi!! I am so happy for you guys! I will definitely be praying for you guys and little baby House! :)

Dana said...

woo hoo!!! I will definately be praying for you guys!

Related Posts with Thumbnails