Monday, October 20, 2008

Numbers

When you've suffered a miscarriage and are pregnant again, you go for bloodwork as soon as you find out you're pregnant. By comparing your numbers, the doctor can determine if everything is progressing as needed,etc. I went Thursday (the day we found out) to have my progesterone and hcg levels checked. Before I was preggo this time, I had my progesterone checked to see if I would need supplemental hormones. I was a little low so I started on prometrium as soon as I found out I was pregnant this time. The nurse called Friday with my first results. My progesterone was really high so they knocked down my dosage of the prometrium. Great news! But my hcg was a little low (22) so they wanted me to come in again today to have it done again for comparisons. My number is supposed to double every 2 days. So I was needing to be around 88 today. The nurse called me this afternoon and my number was 165! Great news! I was super excited to hear that everything was going along as it should! I go Nov. 5th for my 6 week appointment!

5 comments:

Cunningham's Chaos said...

Great News!

Dana said...

that's AWESOME! i'll be praying that everything continues to go well!!!

Ashley said...

I am sooooo soooo sooooo excited for you guys!!Can't wait to see those first ultrasound pics.

Theron's Mom said...

Great news! Best wishes for the next 9 months . . . and 100 years!

Amy Barrett said...

That's awesome, Randi! I know you are so excited! I can't wait to make you stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails