Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Balloon Sinuplasty Day 3

I don't know how people go back to work 2 days after this surgery.  I am too exhausted to even consider it.  I'm very thankful I chose to do this during Spring Break so I have the full week to recover.  Yesterday I was able to go to my yearly OB checkup (the hubs drove me) and we went to lunch.  I was able to sit and eat lunch without too much trouble.  By the time we got home I was exhausted and laid on the couch and watched TV the rest of the day.  That night I did feel up to giving E a bath.  I've not napped during the day and I think that's not helping me.  I should be resting more. 

Today I woke up still sore but not as bad as yesterday.  My muscles still hurt to move (mainly arms, legs, and stomach).  My nose is still completely stuffed and is draining down my throat quite a bit.  I have to cough up stuff often.  It's still blood tinged but not as bright red.  The left side of my nose is much worse than my right and is bleeding a bit still.  It's sore to touch and feels like it's full of gunk. 

I have had no headache at all.  Just sore muscles and sore throat.  I have to fight the urge to blow my nose constantly and I want to sneeze a lot.  I have sneezed several times without any problems. 

Overall I am EXHAUSTED today.  Doctor said the anesthesia would do that to me  in addition to feeling like I have the worse sinus infection ever.  I have to remind myself to take it slow and not rush the recovery.  I'm not sleeping well at night (waking up every few hours) and I need to get more sleep during the day to make up for it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails