Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's, a birthday party, and the stomach flu...oh my.

Friday was Valentine's Day...Travis got to go to Essie's party that morning.  This year she chose to make a "vanity" box to hold her cards.  She gave out Olaf valentines made of marshmallows, pretzels, candy corn, and chocolate chips.  They decorated cookies, sang a song, and exchanged cards.  She had a blast.












 Saturday morning, we went to Lexie's birthday party at Build a Bear.  It was such a fun, cute birthday party!












Afterwards, we drove down to Batesville to spend the night with Nana and Papa.  Essie loved being there and giving us a "fashion show".  She's obsessed with their puppy Opie and playing games with Nana.



Unfortunately I woke up super early Sunday morning sick as a dog.  I spent 5 hours vomiting and we had to come home early.  I was sick enough to have to stop on the way home even.  I pretty much slept all day sunday and ran fever off/on all night.  I had to take off work today to try to recover.  I am feeling better than yesterday but still am a ways away from 100%.  Every muscle in my back/ribs hurts from the illness now.  Travis and Essie were both off for President's Day today so I had lots of good care.  It was such a beautiful day that they went outside and practiced tee-ball a little bit.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails