Monday, May 12, 2008

Truly the thought that counts...



Today one of my former students brought me this orchid. He walked in with it tucked under his jacket with the biggest grin on his face. He told me that he had a surprise for me for mother's day. Then proudly he pulled out a small box that contained this brown, half dead orchid. I couldn't have been more thrilled. I oohed and ahhed over that thing as if it were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. This little guy is so very special to me. He was in my classroom earlier in the year but wasn't quite ready for first grade. So he was placed in a K-1 transition classroom . I really hope that I get him again next year! Here is a picture of a note he wrote me a few months back. It says "Dear Mrs. Home, I miss you so much. I just wish I should come back. Love, Christian." He is always doing the sweetest things for me! :)

2 comments:

Allison said...

Oh that is so sweet! That writing looks better than some of my kindergarteners last year!

Amy Barrett said...

How sweet! It almost made me cry.

Related Posts with Thumbnails