So...here are the numbers. I've lost 42 pounds so far. Hubs has lost 35 pounds. Together that would make 77 pounds together in 3 months. The numbers on the scale are going down much slower than they were at first. We are having to push ourselves harder, try new things, and really watch what and when we eat. I'm not super impressed with my progress pic for this month...my shirt has definitely gotten longer as I've come along but this will be the last time I take my monthly pic in my purple shirt and jean capris. They no longer fit and I don't think they exhibit the true results. The HUBS progress pic, however is AMAZING, right? Wowzers! He can barely keep those pants up!
We also took our body measurements not long after we started our journey (I did not write the exact date but I think it was close to early June). Since then I have lost 4 inches off my waist, 3 inches off my chest, and 3 off my hips. Hubs has lost 2.5 inches off his waist, 1 inch off his chest, and 2 off his neck! Ha!
Okay so here are some new things going on that are directly related to our weight loss:
- I can pull off every single pair of pants I own without unbuttoning or unzipping them.
- I have moved down 2 sizes in pants and 2 sizes in shirts (for the most part).
- I participated in a Zumbathon and did Zumba for almost 2 hours...something I would have NEVER EVER even considered before....and to top that off...afterwards we went and climbed Pinnacle Mountain (also would have NEVER done). I didn't make it to the top but I will someday.
- I have started going to PiYo class after Zumba on Monday nights...it's like a pilates/yoga class that focuses on strength training with your own body weight and then stretching with yoga. It kicks my butt every Monday and I am usually sore until Thursday. It's hard and I cannot do everything but I will get there. I'm trying at least.
- I have spent more time doing Zumba at the gym rather than the elliptical...and I have moved my "spot" in the Zumba class. I used to hang out on the very back row...hidden. I realized I needed to challenge myself so I took a leap and moved alllllllll the way to the front of the class. I am now on the very front row...directly behind the instructor. This motivates me to push myself harder and I cannot ignore seeing my jiggles and bounces in the wall o' mirrors...total motivation.
- I am still a horrible runner. I want to run...I just really stink at it. My goal is to get better and be able to run for distances longer than an inch.
- On the other hand...the Hubs has become a fantastic runner. He can run a 10 minutes mile and runs several miles at a time...he runs our neighborhood streets ragged.
- Hubs has also re-discovered his old "football" muscles from his high school days. He's been enjoying being able to go to the gym with me now that KidCare is open. He loves the weights.