Sunday, February 10, 2008

twenty-seven


Well today I turned 27! I have never really felt any different on any given birthday except this one. I woke up this morning and I thought "Wow! I'm really close to 30!" It is a little frightening...it wasn't too long ago that I still considered myself within that "young twenties" era. So in honor of my twenty-seven years ...here are 27 things about me and my life that you may or may not know!


  1. Even though I graduated with a degree in education, I started college with a major of chemistry!

  2. Travis remembers what I wore when he first met me back in the sixth grade. {By the way it was an Orlando Magic jersey :)}

  3. My best friend Ashley predicted that I would marry Travis even before I officially met him. We just saw him as we were driving by a playground and he was working at the after school program. She said "you're going to marry that guy" and I didn't even know who he was!

  4. I love Diet Dr. Pepper.

  5. I love scrapbooking but don't ever do it anymore!

  6. I love to bargain shop (especially for our new house).

  7. Travis and I won a proposal contest on the radio and got a lot of our wedding stuff for free!

  8. I am named after my great-grandmother O'randa.

  9. I drive a Jeep and I love it!

  10. I love our Wii!

  11. I asked Travis out on our first date...he was way to shy back then!

  12. My best friend Julie and I have matching tattoos.

  13. I had to go to Saturday School the morning after my senior prom! Total bummer.

  14. I am a list maker and organizer.

  15. We named our dogs using our baby names so now we have to come up with all new baby names that we like! :)

  16. I lost both my grandmas last summer within five weeks of each other.

  17. I lived with a girl named Eureka Wood Fork my freshman year of college...not much more I can say about that.

  18. I cannot roller skate for the life of me...I have tried and tried and I just cannot do it.

  19. I have continuously held a job since I was fourteen. My first job was working concessions at the Landers Theatre in Batesville. To this day I cannot stand the smell of popcorn or the movie Twister.

  20. I am terrified of frogs!

  21. I love fabric and want to sew so badly, however I have no patience or talent for it whatsoever.

  22. I tutor two little girls afterschool and I really enjoy the one-on-one time with them.

  23. I have only quit one job in my life and that was a summer job with the Girl Scouts that required me to live in a rustic, screened-in cabin for the entire summer. After one night I realized that I don't like living outdoors and I have serious pollen allergies. I came home the next morning and do not regret it one bit!

  24. In high school I dreamed of having a big, black, step side, 4x4 chevy truck!

  25. I've always wanted to learn how to drive a stick-shift. Again, tried and failed miserably.

  26. My favorite tv show is the The Office and I cannot wait until the new episodes come back on!

  27. I have a truly blessed life with great friends and a loving family!

Here's an old pic of me from back in the day! It's one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Happy Birthday!! I have # 5, 6, 14 and 21 in common with you! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails